The father of Nutritional Balancing Science
Dr. Paul C. Eck established Analytical Research Labs in 1974 after devoting most of his adult life to evaluating major research studies in biochemistry, physiology, pathology, nutrition, and psychology.
In the development of the nutritional balancing program, Dr. Eck combined a number of concepts including:
- The stages of stress discovered by Dr. Hans Selye
- Sympathteic-parasympathetic balancing as taught by Dr. Melvin Page
- Oxidation types as taught by Dr. George Watson
- Mineral balancing as taught by Dr. William Albrecht and others.
No other laboratory uses all these concepts to help understand the significance of tissue mineral levels, ratios and metabolic patterns.
Dr. Eck pioneered many innovations in the study of trace mineral deficiencies and excesses and their relationship to various metabolic dysfunctions associated with disease.
Dr. Eck was regarded as an authority on the science of balancing body chemistry through hair tissue mineral analysis.
Under Dr. Eck's direction:
- ARL was the first laboratory to integrate the following factors into a hair mineral analysis:
- Oxidation types
- Mineral relationships
- Homeostatic states
- Other natural healing principles
ARL was also the first laboratory to:
- recognize the importance of hair mineral ratios and their relationships and effects on health.
- determine oxidation rates using hair tissue mineral analysis.
- identify and correlate more than 30 metabolic trends for illnesses using hair tissue mineral analysis.
- produce interpretations that measure mineral levels and ratios against an ideal standard of health rather than an average.
Dr. Lawrence Wilson
For over 37 years Dr. Wilson has specialized in mineral and nutritional balancing science. While learning the foundatio from Dr. Eck,. Dr Wilson continues to develop and enhance the program with his current knowledge and experience.
Dr. Wilson resides in Prescott, Arizona where he spends most of his time coaching patients and teaching physicians and nutrition consultants about the finer points of mineral and nutritional balancing science.
1982-1996: Study, internship, and research with Dr. Paul C. Eck, mineral researcher and founder of Analytical Research Laboratories, Phoenix, Arizona.
1972: Grant awarded by the Departments of Nutrition and Urban Studies, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), for the study of the relationship between urban diets and cancer incidence.
1974-1979: Medical school at the Centro De Estudios Universitarios Xochicalco, AC in Mexico. M.D. degree awarded August 1979 (awarded through the Universidad Del Estado De Guerrero, Mexico).
1968-1972: Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
B.S. degree awarded in June 1972.
1986, "Determination of Oxidation Types Based on Tissue Electrolyte Ratios". J Orthomol Med., Vol. 1, #2.
1980, "A Comparison of General Medical Screening and Screening in the Work Place". National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, Cincinnati, Ohio.
1980, "Common Denominators in Community Preceptorships: Implications for Primary Care, Family Medicine, and Medical Education".
Co-authored with Dr. Rhoda Halperin and Susan Kyle, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
1979, "La Diarrea Aguda: Etiologias, Diagnostico, y la Experiencia Rural". Medical school thesis.
1972, "A Comparison of Two Global Planning Projects: The World Game and The Limits to Growth Project". Bachelor's thesis, Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Nutritional Balancing and Hair Mineral Analysis, (1991, 1998, 2005, 2010),
- Healing Ourselves (60 articles about health and nutrition), (1995, 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007).
- Sauna Therapy, (2003, 2006, 2011).
- Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Practitioners, (1995, 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2011).
- The Real Self (2003).
- Toxic Metals in Human Health and Disease, co-authored with Dr. Paul C. Eck, The Eck Institute of Applied Nutrition and Bioenergetics, Ltd., 1989.
- Book Chapter: "Nutrition and Mental Health", in the Maricopa County Mental Health Association, 1991.
- Book Chapter: "Vitamin-Mineral Therapy", in the Holistic Help Handbook, 5th edition, by Stanley Kalson, The International Holistic Center, 1990.
- Book Chapter: "The Case Against Medical Licensing", in The Dangers of Socialized Medicine, edited by Jacob Hornberger, Future of Freedom Foundation,1994.
- Editor: Nutrition Chapter, Textbook on Health and Wellness, McGraw Hill, 1992.