Have you ever felt that something was wrong but you weren’t sure what?
I spent much of my youth in and out of doctors’ rooms, only to be told they couldn’t find anything seriously wrong.
For years I suffered from chronic fatigue, joint pain and digestive issues. Later in life I added depression, nerve damage and mood swings to the list.
No matter how many doctors I saw, things weren’t “bad enough” to find the problem.
At age 32 everything changed
I lost 10+ kg in a short space of time. Moving was painful and an effort. My skin turned a pale grey/green and being touched was uncomfortable. This is when the depression started. I also developed a dystonia (a movement disorder causing muscles to contract involuntarily )
At this stage the doctors were able to give me an answer.
I was diagnosed with a rare genetic disorder called Wilson’s disease. My body was storing copper in my liver, brain and other organs.
But did I get the answers too late?
I love being active. Playing sports, working with my hands, cooking, and cleaning (seriously).
But over the years the copper accumulation was making me tired and achy. Enjoying life became harder and harder.
So finally knowing what was causing my problem gave me some relief. But after reading the side effects of the treatment (a 50% chance of making my symptoms worse or permanent) I decided it wasn’t worth the risk.
Fortunately, my love of learning, reading and problem-solving, coupled with my stubborness, were put to good use. I started looking for ways to help myself.
A natural solution made all the difference.
While curing genetic diseases is not on my list of achievement, I have been able to turn my life around.
Today my condition is managed without any harmful medication, using diet, lifestyle and nutritional supplements. I still go for my annual check ups to make sure that everything is ok.
Those years I spent looking for things to help me were difficult.The doubts that crept into my mind. What if I am wrong? Am I doing more harm than good?
Raizy, my wife, buried her fears and remained strong and supportive, for which I will always love and appreciate her. But the uncertainty at times was unbearable.
Through patience, trust and educating myself, we pushed through.
I have learned that regardless of your condition, there is always something you can do to get more energy, feel at peace and find the joy in life again.
You have so much power, more than you can ever imagine.
You can take charge and help yourself.
If you want to change the way you feel, you need to change the way you do things. I would love to show you a natural path to healing, feeling awesome, and revitalized for life.
- Diploma in Clinical Nutrition-Sally Anne Creed Nutritional Therapist http://www.sallyanncreed.co.za/
Things I have studied
- Craniosacral Therapy Level 1 -The Upledger Institute International https://www.upledger.com/
- Nutritional Counselling and Hair Mineral Analysis – Westbrook University (long distance) http://www.westbrooku.edu/naturalhealth.htm
- Prepare-Enrich Facilitator Certificate- The Family Life Centre FAMSA (Johannesburg)- www.famsa.org.za
- Basic Counselling Skills certificate- Chevra Kadisha Social Services
- Breathwork Practitioner Certificate -Woodlands Schools Of Breathwork in association with One Sky International http://www.breathmastery.com/
- Core Regeneration Therapy Level 1 -Health Styles - Helene Van Dimien http://www.healthstyles.info/index.php/offerings/103-core-regeneration
- Postural Integration 7 Body Types certificates- Beverly Wilkinson- Postural integration practitioner and trainer -https://www.posturalintegration.co.za/
- Certificate of Classical Massage -Institute of Natural Health
- Intermediate Certificate in Integrative Fascial Release- Steven Goldstein - Founder and Developer of the IFR technique http://www.fascialrelease.com/
- Muscle Activation Certificate- Douglas Heel - Founder and developer of Muscle activation and Be Activated http://www.be-activated.com/
- Diploma Comprehensive teacher training course (CTTC)- BASI South Africa (Body Arts and Science) http://www.basipilates.co.za/
- International Diploma of Nutritional products Sally Anne Creed Nutritional Therapist http://www.sallyanncreed.co.za/
- Diploma of advanced personal trainer/exercise specialist Health and Fitness Professional Association (HFPA)
- Level 3 Self-Master Reiki Practitioner - Ajna Centre Raanana Israel